Join us ONLINE ON Sundays at 11 AM
NLBC FAMILY LETTER
(NEWEST UPDATE – 3/18/2020)
Hello New Life Family,
In the uncertainty of the Coronavirus, many in our churches and community find themselves – fearful, anxious, and wondering what to think. Normal life has been affected and the chance to contract a virus is heightened. So what now.
First, let me encourage you that God knows your needs and cares about them. You have great value to Him. Nothing happening in your life or community is outside his knowledge or direction. He is the one who holds all things together.
Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? And not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father. But even the hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not, therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows.
For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him. And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together.
Second, you can and should trust God with your concerns. He is near, not far away. He is close enough to talk to about all that you are feeling. He is capable of handling anything that comes your way. He alone can give the peace that surpasses all understanding. Allow Him to guard your heart and mind. You can trust Him because He has a plan and is working out His plan in your life if you love Him. The great news of this is God’s plan is always good for you. Trust Him today with your life and health.
Philippians 4:5-6 - Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Romans 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
Third, use wisdom. Wisdom is the appropriate use of knowledge in a given circumstance. We at New Life are trying to practice wisdom in our response to the Coronavirus. We believe it is wise to not have any services at this time. NOT having SUNDAY SERVICES at our building is incredible sad for us, but it is what is required from us at this time. This will not stop us from worshiping our God. Our prayer is God uses this to draw us closer to Him and to help us reach others in our community that are far from God.
- Worship with us ONLINE.
- STARTING SUNDAY WE WILL BE HAVING OUR SERVICE ONLINE AT 11AM. We will have a video of the music and message on Facebook. We will have audio of the message on scranton.church.com
- LIFE GROUPS ARE CANCELLED at this TIME…until further notice.
- CONNECT WITH GOD and each other.
- We will be posting several times a week things to encourage you in your walk with God. Share with those encouragements with others.
- YOU can GIVE. Online giving is a safe and secure way to continue investing in New Life.
- You can find how to give online at scrantonchurch.com . If you would rather give another way – you can mail a check to – 840 Harrison Ave, Scranton PA 18510 and we will be sure it get to our treasurer.
- We want to HELP.
- If you are a part of our NEW LIFE FAMILY and are elderly, high risk, or have a compromised immune system and you need groceries and don’t want to risk being infected. Please contact us and will make sure you are cared for.
- Follow us – we will post updates at -scrantonchurch.com Facebook: New Life Baptist Church, Instagram – New Life Baptist Church
- Contact us - If you have a need, please email
- Pastor Curtis – firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have an emergency or just need to talk, you may contact Pastor Curtis @ (570) 892-1032.